After 45 years of making Valentine cookies it's just in my system even if my kitchen here has no counter space, a broken rolling pin, no heart cookie cutter, no decorating tools, a really bad gas oven, and only one cookie sheet! (Do I thrive on opposition?)
Nonetheless, I spent six hours on Saturday making and decorating 36 large Valentine cookies for the missionaries, recent converts and ward mission leader's family. They turned out OK and best of all I got rid of every one of them!

5 comments:
Yum! Frosted sugar cookies are my favorite treat. Good thing Valentine's Day only comes around once a year! I have a great recipe for cookies and frosting. I'll have to share it with you sometime. By the way... Elder Maughan's "Hump Day" is February 27th! He went into the MTC the day before my birthday! This birthday will be much better than the last!! (do you get to go to the temple with the missionaries that go on their year date?)
Jamie...we go if and when we're asked. Hopefully we'll be asked. That would be so wonderful.
Those are adorable...and probably delicious! You are the queen of improvisation. (one of the many reasons I love you so much!)
Very cute!--only you could pull something like this off. I bet your missionaries LOVED them!
Yummy. Wish we could have been there to partake. Valentine´s Day is celebrated the same day in Peru, but it´s really no big deal here. We did go to a party at the home of the district president. I should put party in quotes, because it was really a testimony meeting.
P.S. We DO understand cooking challenges as missionaries.
Post a Comment